This content is currently unavailable in the requested language. Click here to see the french version of the page.
Candidats en lice
Candidate for Director Position (Montreal) - 2 years
Member of the Barreau since 1995
Note The text below has been provided as is by the candidate.
WHO AM I
MY INVOLVEMENT IN THE QUEBEC BAR AND OTHER
I was involved for many years at different levels:
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ACHIEVE
The next two years my goal is:
1. Bring diversity of thought and of ideas to the Council with the goal of ensuring access to the judicial system to all without reserve.
2. Making sure justice is available for all by:
a. supporting sole practitioners to allow them to render enhanced services to the public.
b. promoting the further increase of public funds to allow for access to the judicial system.
c. making sure the public has access to the legal system with lawyers who are supported.
3. Promote the need for the well-being and stability of all participants in the legal system.
4. Promote the enhanced access to the Quebec Bar and ensuring that public and legal practitioners feel welcome by:
a. opening communications with your councilor for all topics and always be available.
b. conducting monthly Videoconferences with members to obtain input on issues that will enhance access to the legal system and protect the public.
c. promoting education of students as to the importance of the legal system.
5. Advocate for diversity in the legal system.
6. Advocate for diversity at all levels of the Quebec Bar:
a. Promote the need to have cultural, ethnic, and linguistic diversity on Bar Council.
7. Advocate for the continued use of online platforms for certain procedural steps at all Court levels to render efficient and economical access to the legal system for the public.
8. Continue to promote lawyers as good members of our community by providing an incentive for lawyers to do pro bono services by implementing a system that provides some credits towards their continued legal education.
9. Promote relations with colleagues from other countries and provinces.
10. Be accessible to respond to your needs.
REACH OUT TO ME AND SEE WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE IN THE NEXT TWO (2) YEARS:
Cell: 514 944 2010
Weekly Teams calls starting April 5, 2022, at 19h00 and ending on May 2, 2022:
Join on your computer or mobile app