Permanent mobility
Directory of lawyers

I am a Canadian lawyer

Permanent mobility

Three types of permanent permits are available to Canadian lawyers: full permits for Canadian lawyers, solicitor permits and special Canadian legal advisor permits. As a holder of one of these types of permits, you must complete the annual registration with the Barreau du Québec.

Full permit for Canadian lawyers

This type of permit can be issued to Canadian lawyers who wish to become members of the Barreau du Québec under the regulation respecting the legal authorizations to practice law outside Quebec giving access to the permit issued by the Barreau du Québec (Règlement sur les autorisations légales d’exercer la profession d’avocat hors du Québec qui donnent ouverture au permis du Barreau du Québec or “Regulation”).

Solicitor permit (Canadian lawyer or law professor)

You can be entered on the Roll of the Order of the Barreau du Québec as a solicitor. There are two types of permits for solicitors.

Special Canadian legal advisor permit

Special Canadian legal advisor permits are for members of the Bar of another province or a territory of Canada.