Permanent mobility
Directory of lawyers

I am a foreign lawyer or jurist

Permanent mobility

Three types of permanent permits are available to foreign lawyers or jurists: full permits for foreign lawyers or jurists, special corporate legal advisor permits and special foreign legal consultant permits. As a holder of one of these types of permits, you must register with the Barreau du Québec every year.

Full permit for foreign lawyers or jurists

This type of permit is issued to foreign lawyers or jurists who wish to become members of the Barreau du Québec and be authorized to practice law in Quebec in all areas of law.

Special corporate legal advisor permit

Special corporate legal advisor permits are for members of the Bar of a foreign country.

Special foreign legal consultant permit

Special foreign legal consultant permits are for members of the Bar of a foreign country who have practiced law for at least three years.